Monday, June 8, 2009

Random Updates


  • I am never referred in any one else’s blog and hence I have decided not to refer about anybody in particular from now on, unless absolutely necessary. This is my abhimaan – you know what, I have long tried to find a perfect English translation of the word – abhimaan – none of vanity, pride, self-esteem, dignity, amour proper or egotism actually completely capture the emotion of abhimaan. Which led me to wonder – do Englishmen never feel abhimaan – Is this a typically Indian phenomenon? God knows…......For, those who still do not understand what the word means, try catching up a brilliant movie of the same name, boasting timeless songs like - Tere Mere Milan Ke Yeh Raina.

  • Have a lot of things to do – have to respond to quite a few job applications – updating one’s CV is so painful…L

  • I started a community on Orkut 3 years back- and how it has flourished! It now possesses more than 1000 members. They keep meeting up and having a great time. Even though I am invited a lot to these meetings, I have not attended any of their real life meetings and am admonished repeatedly for that J. But, it’s ok, I’ll live.

  • Today was unusually hot and humid in my city – it was simply unbearable… It is much better in the evening, though.

  • I got two great books and two big bars of Dairy Milk – Fruits and Nuts Milk Chocolate as gifts. The books were highly recommended and am looking forward to finishing them soon.

  • I think I have become too dependent on Microsoft Word. I can type continuously for pages on this particular software, but it feels odd even to write 3-4 pages at a stretch using the good old pen n paper.

  • Roger ‘Fedex’ Federer became the sixth man on the planet to complete a career Grand Slam. Kudos to him and to his undying stamina. Leander Paes is God – at 35, he still retains the energy of a 10 year old kid. His men’s French Open Title was well deserved.

  • The cricket T-20 World Cup has begun. The Netherlands pulled off an amazing victory over hosts England the other night. India lived up to their expectations as world beaters by clinically decimating minnows, Bangladesh.

  • Jenson Button is on the dream run of his life on the Brawn machine in Formula 1 this season. After struggling for years to find a foothold in the Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton dominated circuit, he has finally come to his own. Same can be said of the manufacturers. Never has in the history of Formula 1, a new entrant to the circuit has dominated their maiden season in such a manner. Amazing, Ross – you are the man.

  • Little sister is coming home after a few months – even though her train is late by a cool 11 hours.

  • I think we should invite people over to our place more often, cause unlike normal circumstances, am actually enjoying the food being prepared at our house for the last two days. I can only attribute the improvement in taste, to the visit of my aunt and cousins.

  • Am having a great time, chatting late into the night with them. Last night we chatted for close to 5 hours straight upto 4 AM. After years of teasing my women friends, because of the glee they derive from bitching, I finally realized, bitching is quite fun and stress-busting J.

Currently, listening to the songs of this new Bengali Movie called Madly Bangali.

3 feedback:

Sakshi said...

Hey- Don't be so much in Abhimaan.. nice changes to the blog. Like the style of your writing... crisp and pointed...

Anonymous said...

Awww,
Arey I have been not so online these days, and I dont even know how to blogroll, i forgot that :|

Anuradha

John Galt said...

@ Sakshi

Thanks for the generosity.. I just thought after the gloomy black maybe some white light was necessary to clear the gloom - hence the change in the blog template...

@ Anu

I don't even know what is meant by a blogroll - so you are slightly better off than me :)...

Post a Comment