Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June-bug



I started this blog in mid May and posted approximately 16 gibberish posts in 15 days. I finally realized that I was overdoing it. Come on, after all even I am a responsible tax-paying citizen, is it right to exasperate you all with these incessant, irritating posts? Hence, I decided to take a much-needed break or should I say, in IPL lingo, a strategic time out (I mean, needed for the readers, not for me ) and planned of resurfacing only in June. Well, to cut a long story short, I was basically bored :P.

Much water has flown under the bridge in these 15 days - flow of water has literally happened with this cyclone originating from near Maldives and hitting our state, causing huge floods and landslides and killing more than a hundred people and still counting. But, I guess we don't need to bother cause we are over a bridge well over the troubled waters.

  • I got 3 decent job offers in 4 days after a hiatus of 6 months. Does this indicate recession in India is finally coming to an end?

  • And then, I got CVs mailed by random people stating that they wanted to join my company, as in the company ‘I own’. “Sir, I am looking for an urgent change”(sic) Two of these people actually have a far better profile as compared to mine and keeping in light the fact that my dad is neither an Ambani or a Birla and since I DO NOT own a company, am pretty sure I can not be of any help to these people. Well, the only purpose these mails served was that they brought me back to stark reality and made me realize – Nope, recession is still round the horizon and hasn’t been wiped out completely.

  • My fervent prayers and wailings could not stop GM from filing from bankruptcy. I had been dreading this for a long long time and people around me are probably by now tired, listening to my tirades – “How could they allow GM to go waste? HOW! HOW! Isn't this insane!!!” To people who don’t know the cause of these laments – A future post should clarify your doubts and my deep love for GM.

  • After more than a year, I finally went to an invitation where they served food in the old fashioned way- bringing food to your table and coaxing and cajoling you to eat more. Now, don’t call me old fashioned, but I somehow do not like the buffet dinners at invitation parties. Somehow, it is devoid of the personal touch – I do not go to invitations to watch liveried waiters adorn the back of the food table, while you serve food yourself, I go to restaurants for that. Being served food and being asked a few times- whether I am enjoying the food or not and then finally being enticed to have your favourite dish beyond your eating capacity – these are some tiny gestures which show that the host cares for you and I miss these in buffet dinners. Giving you an example how the personal touch gets retained, the person serving food did not need me to tell him that I absolutely adore this sweet item called rosogolla (someone translated this into juicy balls, though I must say, a more apt translation would be balls of steamed cottage cheese dipped in syrup). He just saw my facial expression change as I bit into the juicy rosogolla and he served me exactly 6 of them before I could even bat an eye lid. It is a different issue altogether that am cursing him now cause now I have to be off any kind of fatty food for the next week, cause am sure have had my entire quota of the week’s calorie last night.

  • For an obvious reason, an irritating exclamation over-used by Aishwarya Rai in Devdas, seems quite sweet now (not because of the way she used it, but cause of the wordings of the exclamation) – though it would make me want to throw things at her, every time she used that exclamation in the movie.
  • Barcelona decimated Manchester United in the UEFA Champions' League Final. It’s not that I am against Manchester United or something – just that I could not help but support a team comprising of a forward line of Messi and Henry. Finally, it is proven that Messi is indeed the best footballer on the planet. Argentina should be feeling bad for not playing him enough in 2006 and imposing too much faith on Riquelmé.
  • Am living on the edge these days- had a harrowing time while on my way back from an official trip – slept for 6 hours in a span of 72 hours – sat through a 12 hours train journey and drove to office after that - caught a really bad cold and to top it off almost averted a collision with a Scorpio by God’s Grace.
  • Am very sad for a particular reason. The place I live in is probably the greenest part of our city. A day after the Aila cyclone hit my city, I witnessed more than 150 trees uprooted in my locality. It was a pathetic sight. One day, these huge, green things were lively, swaying in the breeze and the very next day, there was nothing – leaves a big void in you – it is almost like losing someone close to you.
  • According to the new obesity scale released by WHO, I am almost 10 Kgs over-weight. These buggers are incorrigible. After I painfully reduce my weight to conform to their earlier scale, they suddenly decide to lower the bar. Poor me, again I have to remain away from my favourite sweets and ice cream.
  • Our state had a great opportunity to send the highest number of cabinet ministers to the Central Government- but too bad we lost that out to indecisiveness.
  • If some of you have noticed, I got a new virtual pet :) . I have always wanted to have a real panda as a pet, but ever since I came to know that it "eats, shoots and leaves", I have been scared out of my wits and hence I settled for a virtual one.

I should end the post with these words which I find quite amazing – (Thanks to B for reminding these to me, it was on her status message, last time I saw her online) – “Dance like nobody's watching... Sing as if no one were listening….Dream like you will live forever...Live like you’ll die tomorrow....and Love like its never Going to Hurt...”

2 feedback:

Dreamcatcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Galt said...

Ya - I was afraid of my dear life with the amount of threats u directed at me...had no other option but to post...

Post a Comment