Today, my office people tried to scare the shit out of me by hiding my wallet. Well, they usually try such stunts regularly but poor guys – I guess they get upset when I don’t react much to what they do. My wallet disappeared at
Well, I informed P casually about the case of the truant wallet and she raised an extremely pertinent question – What do you have in your wallet – considering the fact that it is exactly 3 inches fat – maybe more – I don’t carry rulers around in it, so can’t tell the exact measurement. Well – this innocuous question sent my wallet on a solemn soul-searching – Frankly, what exactly is in there?
Let me list out what is in there –
1. Office ID
2. 4 debit cards issued in my name + 1 issued in dad’s name (the last one is flicked and for contingencies)
3. My Driving Licence – which as P pointed out, expires by the middle of this month
4. My professional licence and I card for that- not going to mention my profession lest you all boycott me (high chance – fear factor)
5. Rs. 130 (out of that Rs. 100 given by Mom to refill her cell phone – I am banking on the fact that she does not know how to check her balance, so that I can delay it)
6. My tube rail Magnetic card (Obtuse people named it Smart Card – will delve into details in some later posts)
7. One I-Mint card – (No idea what this is just that it looks cool)
8. 30 visiting cards – I checked all – could figure out at least 5 of them which have been in there for the past 2 years and I cudn’t even recognize the guys whose names were imprinted there – Oh it even has a visiting card of the Governor, an MP, a journalist, a criminal, the police commissioner and a very reputed national award winning film maker – some ensemble!!!
9. A few bills – mostly from a place whose name matches with the first part of the Bong translation of the word ‘unwritten’
10. Some ATM transaction slips
11. Some mobile recharge vouchers- all duly scratched and used
12. Rs. 27 in coins – ohh it also has a 10 rupee coin – reminding me of my erstwhile passion for numismatics
13. 2 passport size pics of mine
14. At least 5 papers where I jot down my “Things to do today” list (ironically some of the ‘today’ papers scream out very old messages – like booking ticket at Majestic – this is in Bangalore which I left 1.5 years back )
I guess there are other things too – am just tired of going into minor details. I frantically searched for my own visiting card – but nope – totally futile. P had proposed to clear out my wallet, but I guess got busy doing other more important things – not that am complaining…..for obvious reasons…….
Here’s a pic of the wallet for your kind inspection (wow wow wow – that was my corporate language kicking in)
0 feedback:
Post a Comment