Situation –
Parents out of town
Contents in refrigerator - Rice, Pickle, Ketchup, Mustard, Squash, a 4 KG tin of Jam (picked up enthusiastically by me from Metro Cash and Carry Store), Imli paste – that’s about it.
Well, would you blame me if I say that in order to have supper, I actually need to cook? I do not like cooking for myself – I’d drink water and go off to sleep rather than start the entire process of cooking – It’s not that I hate cooking – just that don’t like taking the pain of cooking for myself alone.
Who would explain this to someone? This person actually threatened me with dire consequences if I did not have a proper meal.. Poor me – If I wanted a meal wouldn't I have actually gone to the two wedding receptions I had been invited to attend tonight?… I was not hungry. Actually, in retrospect, I had not helped my cause by letting her know that I did not have a proper meal over the weekend (not much… OK, nothing – fine??). Well, I did have lots of water and some leftover soft drinks. Still, when you are threatened, you need to take some steps.
So, I did the easiest thing I could do under such circumstances – I went out bought 2 eggs with an intention to prepare something (well, no credit to me, even this was suggested by someone- the egg part)… What could I cook? Hmm… there was an onion, salt, oil, rice and two eggs – Bingo – Egg fried rice and to go with it – ketchup.
Yes, yes… I am a great cook – I looked with awe as I prepared the entire thing in 4 mins flat – (Well, for an obvious reason, I used minimal oil – practice for future). Was a little nervous though before I actually tasted the bizarre looking product – But, hey believe me, it actually tasted damn good- Borrowing unabashedly from one restaurant I passed by few days back, which screamed – ‘We serve Yummy Yummy food’, I should say it was truly yummy food. Now am proud of my culinary skills - A note to my employers – Beware the next time, you threaten me with recession, I have an alternate profession well chalked out …
So, all of you, whom I pity ‘cause you cannot taste my delicious food – let me be and let me enjoy the egg fried rice with ketchup as I watch my favourite team being decimated in the IPL...Adios Amigos
Parents out of town
Contents in refrigerator - Rice, Pickle, Ketchup, Mustard, Squash, a 4 KG tin of Jam (picked up enthusiastically by me from Metro Cash and Carry Store), Imli paste – that’s about it.
Well, would you blame me if I say that in order to have supper, I actually need to cook? I do not like cooking for myself – I’d drink water and go off to sleep rather than start the entire process of cooking – It’s not that I hate cooking – just that don’t like taking the pain of cooking for myself alone.
Who would explain this to someone? This person actually threatened me with dire consequences if I did not have a proper meal.. Poor me – If I wanted a meal wouldn't I have actually gone to the two wedding receptions I had been invited to attend tonight?… I was not hungry. Actually, in retrospect, I had not helped my cause by letting her know that I did not have a proper meal over the weekend (not much… OK, nothing – fine??). Well, I did have lots of water and some leftover soft drinks. Still, when you are threatened, you need to take some steps.
So, I did the easiest thing I could do under such circumstances – I went out bought 2 eggs with an intention to prepare something (well, no credit to me, even this was suggested by someone- the egg part)… What could I cook? Hmm… there was an onion, salt, oil, rice and two eggs – Bingo – Egg fried rice and to go with it – ketchup.
Yes, yes… I am a great cook – I looked with awe as I prepared the entire thing in 4 mins flat – (Well, for an obvious reason, I used minimal oil – practice for future). Was a little nervous though before I actually tasted the bizarre looking product – But, hey believe me, it actually tasted damn good- Borrowing unabashedly from one restaurant I passed by few days back, which screamed – ‘We serve Yummy Yummy food’, I should say it was truly yummy food. Now am proud of my culinary skills - A note to my employers – Beware the next time, you threaten me with recession, I have an alternate profession well chalked out …
So, all of you, whom I pity ‘cause you cannot taste my delicious food – let me be and let me enjoy the egg fried rice with ketchup as I watch my favourite team being decimated in the IPL...Adios Amigos
0 feedback:
Post a Comment